Wednesday 5 May 2010

Two mornings round Thacka

Right, part of Thacka flood,
Had a walk round the area this last two days not a great deal about. Yesterday very little on the flood apart from a few Mallard and 6 Lesser Black-backed gulls.
In trees near by there was the usual, Chaffinch, Goldfinch 1, Blackbirds, a few Woodpigeons about, and the usual Corvids.
This morning I had to take my car in for its MOT, (nasty ) I can see more than coins leaving my pocket after this little inspection. Anyway after dropping the car off I continued on foot up through Gillwilly and on to Thacka. Mallard on the settling pond, 1 Oystercatcher flew over, and 1 Kestrel glided across and landed in trees nearby.
Up at the flood there was 4 Common Sandpipers, 1 Curlew, 1 Moorhen, possibly 1 sitting, 2 more Oystercatchers flew over. And that was about it

No comments:

Post a Comment

A big thank you to everyone for looking in and leaving their comments, much appreciated, Gordon.