Monday 26 March 2012

A lister in Lancashire

Redshank flying across Conder Creek, Conder Green
Had a ride down into Lancashire again stopping off a various places on route. I had a look round Cockersands and the Abby area, approx. 4-500 Golden Plover in field near Abby, but no Grey Plover to be found, which is what I was hoping for.

 Redshank again same place
From the Glasson area I moved on to knott End, where I found the Black Redstart that has been there for a while, and another addition to the year list.

Black Redstart

Black Redstart, a bit closer this time.
It wasn't that easy to keep up with as it kept flitting about from place to place. There was an amazing amount of butterflies about mainly Small Tortoiseshell, but also a few Peacocks.
   The spring flowers are everywhere now including this......

Wood Anemone.
Although this weather is just fine for me the little Westies are beginning to find it hard going and tend to cool off in any water they find. They are due for a clip now and have already tried to get in touch with Anne the girl that sorts them out for us.

They are fair enjoying it.

2 comments:

  1. As you will have noted I use to live in Lancs.
    Not sure I aprove of the free add but I'll let it go.
    Thanks for the comments.

    ReplyDelete

A big thank you to everyone for looking in and leaving their comments, much appreciated, Gordon.