Tuesday 6 March 2012

Estuary Ducks

A pair of Shelduck 
Had a look round a local estuary today, making the most of the sun again before the rain that has been forecast sets in. Usually when I'm near the coast I tend to concentrate on waders, but just for a change I thought I would give the ducks chance, and couldn't resist, some giving good reflections.


Eider

An inquisative Teal

I couldn't resist taking more pics of  Pintail especially as we won't have them for much longer.

And the water was calm enough for reflections. Above is a pair , and obviously this and below are Male.

What a smart duck they are.


Also came accross a small flock of Tree Sparrows, this being one of them. and it added to my year list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A big thank you to everyone for looking in and leaving their comments, much appreciated, Gordon.