Friday 23 March 2012

Leighton Moss

Not quite as sunny as yesterday and consequently a little cooler, not quite what was forecast.
    Hoping to top up my year list I decided to head for Leighton. I called in first at the public hide along the causeway. There was nothing out of the ordinary and no sign of the Bearded Tits putting an appearance in, the pair of Great Black-backed Gulls have set up residence again in front of the public  hide.



Pair of Great Black-backed Gulls viewed from public hide.
 Next I had a quick look in at Lillian's hide, but as can be seen from pic. at certain times of the day when the sun is shinning it makes viewing difficult.

Sun in the eyes at Lillian's
For a change I called in at the Allan hide and got good views of Avocet and Little Egret, although at a distance.


Avocets feeding

Avocets
Another good day but only added Chiffchaff to the year list although it is my first migrant of the year. I've had problem loading this post so isn't as good as I was hoping.





No comments:

Post a Comment

A big thank you to everyone for looking in and leaving their comments, much appreciated, Gordon.