Tuesday 29 May 2012

Mull hols. post number 3

Before we get to the Mull bit,this afternoon I did something I very rarely do and that is twitch or try to twitch a bird. A European Bee-eater had been reported near Workington an hours drive from home, too good to miss I thought. Unfortunately I did, miss it that is, or I think the term is I dipped it, which makes me kinda think I'm no good at the twitching game.
        Back to Mull, in the previous post one can see a distant shot of White-tailed Eagle taken while waiting for the boat to Staffa and the Treshnish Isles. So this post is a little of what we saw on that trip, and to start off with

Fingal's cave and all the basalt columns that are world famous.

A closer view of the basalt
And now something more pleasing to the eye---- Puffins, sometimes referred to as the clowns of the bird world,  poor things.

This looks like good nest material.  

Yes we'll have some of that.

And a bit more, make the burrow nice and cosy for the missus and the youngster.

Just checking on the Fulmars, making sure they stay on their own patch.

Fulmar returning to the cliff.
Just a few to wet your appetite more on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A big thank you to everyone for looking in and leaving their comments, much appreciated, Gordon.