Wednesday 29 February 2012

White wingers and others

Its been quite quiet on the patch of late, a few Oystercatchers and Lapwings round the flash area on a good day, but most days nothing and especially now that a flock of sheep have been moved into the area. Things perked up a bit yesterday with Sparrowhawk and Buzzard over at the same time, the later being mobbed by gulls.
        I decided I had had enough of waiting for the sun to shine, so after walking the Westies I made a move to do some more serious birding and head over to the coast.
        My first stop was Harrington harbour and although there was plenty of gulls about nothing outstanding.


There was a lot of Black-headed Gulls about this being one of them.
Next I moved South to Parton in the hope that the Iceland Gull was still about, and as soon as I walked onto the waterfront I clocked it, at a distance at first.

Iceland Gull
It seemed to be a bit of a loner because if any other gulls came too close it got a bit agitated and move on.



Iceland Gull

Iceland Gull


Iceland Gull

And for the last time , Iceland Gull
I left Parton and headed North to Workington, Where the Mediterranean Gull was on show

Mediterranean Gull (stumpy)

2 Herring Gulls
An enjoyable day , two more to the year list and 1 lifer. Where to next, I wonder.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful gull photos! Glad you were able to see the Iceland, looks like a beautiful gull!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tammy, yes it was a good looker and it stood out from the crowd. By the way have you read my comments on your rocket post.
      All the very best Gordon.

      Delete

A big thank you to everyone for looking in and leaving their comments, much appreciated, Gordon.