Sunday 5 February 2012

Dipper de do da

Mrs W had to be in work for 9-30 this morning so I gave her a lift and then continued on with the Westies. Just as I was getting in the car, a text from Roy let me know I had just missed a Merlin on the patch, it does add another species to the patch list.
        Walking round with the dogs I didn't see a great deal so headed back home and had a cuppa before setting off again on my own.

Second Brambling of the winter in the big hawthorns Thacka beck reserve.
It was mixing with finches and tits as they moved along the hedge. I decided to head for the Petteril in the hope there would be at least 1 Dipper about.

On the way there I met this sheep on the track blocking my way, there was a bit of a stand off for a while but there was only going to be one winner, they can be so stupid at times.

First one Dipper then a second, then  third. and another year tic.





And this one showing secondary eyelid

                                            River Petteril.
It looks like the weather is going to change again, milder, at least in our area lets hope the sun dosn't dissapear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A big thank you to everyone for looking in and leaving their comments, much appreciated, Gordon.