Wednesday 3 April 2013

Shark Valley Part 2

Shark Valley part 2 or Shark Valley the smaller birds. I t has to be said, maybe it is a bit of a tourist spot, but having said that the bird-life is fantastic, and you never know whats going to show next. one particular bird that showed, I have not put in either of the SV. post but will give special coverage in its own post at the end of the hols.
         Also at this point, I have to mention that I didn't go on the circular  bike ride with my Daughter, (not that I am past it or anything) no I decided to stay and keep my wife company. And I was quite pleased to do so, and feeling good about it, until that is, once back at my mates house my Daughter showed me pics she had taken on the bike ride. I was well and truly miffed I can tell you, however my Daughter may allow me to publish them at a later date, hopefully ?. Right enough ranting on with the pics.

Blue-Gray Gnatcatcher, I consider this to be my best find of the holiday, and lucky to get any pics at all, as it was very active, hence the poor pics

Blue-Gray Gnatcatcher

Gray Catbird, I haven't seen many of these, so it was a nice surprise when this one dropped out of the bushes.





Next up was this Red-winged Blackbird, playing hide and seek amongst the lily pads












And yet another Palm Warbler, this one taking advantage of the excess of insects around the rest rooms !!.





And my wife caught sight of the Loggerhead Shrike at some distance.

And lastly a Florida Redbelly Turtle.
Till the next post I hope you enjoy, and thank you for looking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A big thank you to everyone for looking in and leaving their comments, much appreciated, Gordon.