Tuesday 3 April 2012

And we shall have snow

Well here in Cumbria today we have had snow , not a great deal and certainly not the amount Scotland have had. But I got to thinking about the new borns that I have seen on my recent walks when we were basking in Med. temps.

I'm frightened Maaaaa

Day glow ears

Corr, doesn't half make you thirsty this weather.

This is probably nice and warm in the barn now.

but these little fellas won't be.







Oh my god it was colder than I thought.
This is what happens when there is a lack of birds on the patch

2 comments:

  1. "This is what happens when there is a lack of birds on the patch"

    ;-) we`ve all been there, Gordon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that Dean,
    The trouble is , all the birds in my patch list where seen or found on what we call the flood or flash, which is close to a farm but on land owned by some one ells and not the farm. Long story short, its had to be drained because it was in danger of flooding the farm, consequently nothing comes to it any more.
    Close by is the new Thacka beck nature reserve, but it is too popular with dog walkers , and very exposed. So nothing stays very long.
    Thanks again , Gordon

    ReplyDelete

A big thank you to everyone for looking in and leaving their comments, much appreciated, Gordon.