Sunday 5 June 2011

Derwentwater Friday June the 3rd

Canada Goose has found something interesting on the lake bed

On the warmest day of the year so far for  Cumbria I decided to spend some time with my mate Les over on the isthmus.



Now enjoying a cooling shower.

I hadn't been there long when this Common Sandpiper appeared and started to hang around quite a bit



Common Sandpiper
I got the impression there was a nest close by and this could possibly be the male on guard.

And a spot of preening, keep the old feathers in good condition.
At lunch time e went over to the landings as Les had to drive the 12-30 launch round the lake, all good fun and an enjoyable trip, almost like being on holiday especially with the weather.
At three he had to go into Keswick so I dropped him off and came home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A big thank you to everyone for looking in and leaving their comments, much appreciated, Gordon.