Monday 25 May 2009

My Favourite month




May is definitely my favourite month, everywhere is fresh and green, all the migrants are back, and the woods and hedgerows are full of birdsong. the last few days I have been out and its been great listening to willow warblers, chiffchaffs, whitethroats , wood warblers . also saw buzzard, peregrine .


I haven't been birding specifically just out for long walks with Kyfer & Misty the later spending much energy chasing insects of various types.
If I am going out to do some serious birding then unfortunately the westies have to stay at home , but as you can see Kyfer was really enjoying the walk today, but little short legs (Misty) was feeling a bit tired. Also picture above is a Ribwort Plantain with a bug on it.
We are hoping for another good day out tomorrow and as my wife has a day off work she will be coming with us.
All for now, good birding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A big thank you to everyone for looking in and leaving their comments, much appreciated, Gordon.