Monday 14 January 2013

A run over to Keswick

View of Blencathra from the A66 this morning as I made my way over to Keswick
Late yesterday afternoon we had a few flurries of snow but not enough to cover roads or pavements thankfully. So this morning I decided on my first outing of 2013 with the camera, and visit my mate Les.

The first thing I found on the lake was these three Swans upending , one adult two juvenile. Then 

A small flock of Tufted Duck flew in, closely followed by these 3

Goldeneye a male displaying to 2 female,






He was really strutting his stuff.



Go on sun , chest out head back wet bum who could resist, juvenile Swan in background, and then,


 one of the Swans decided to spoil his fun and away they went.

Skiddaw Little Man behind Keswick.

Black-headed Gulls in feeding frenzy.

Another view of Blencathra, and St, Johns church Keswick in the foreground.

Quite a smart fella even if he is a Heinz 57

Lastly, looking at Derwent Isle into the sun from the Isthmus

2 comments:

  1. Must be truly amazing to live where is such beauty. Great shots

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for looking in not so old Birds ;-), yes its the jewel in the English landscape. Haveing said that I prefare the warmth of Florida, I guess its a case of the grass is always greener.
    Thanks again, good birding, and all the best Gordon.

    ReplyDelete

A big thank you to everyone for looking in and leaving their comments, much appreciated, Gordon.