Friday 26 March 2010

Rook who dropped in

Rook at this (for Sun readers)
Its nicking the little birds food.

I know they will eat most things, but I would have thought it would be able to find food more to its liking in the surrounding agricultural fields.

when seen at a distance they just
look like another black Corvid
but not so .

Yesterday I had a walk round Thacka with Kyfer & Misty, the weather wasn't that clever, overcast and damp. On the rooftops of the industrial sites there was six Lesser Black-back Gulls and 1 Herring Gull.
On the flood I found 1 Snipe, a few mallard, Common Gulls, and a few Black Headed Gulls. There was also 13 Oystercatchers, and still a few Lapwing in the fields, but no sign of any displaying yet.
The dogs had been left to their own devices while I scanned the flood with dire consequences as the pair of them was covered in mud.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A big thank you to everyone for looking in and leaving their comments, much appreciated, Gordon.